Monday, March 21, 2016

Human Trafficking (End This Dreadful Disease)

We see this too often on television, hear about it on the news, read about it in newspapers, yet most families don't realize this goes on in their very own back yard! Yes and what I'm talking about is human trafficking. Just the sound of those words makes one sick within and the anger starts to build, knowing the fact indeed it does happen in every city, every province in Canada or state in America and reaches far into international borders. What most of the public doesn't understand is, they're out there and at one time or another, they have had their eye on your daughter or son, believe me this is true!
I had the opportunity to speak with Jessie Fosters mom, Glendene Grant, and let me tell you, what a strong woman she is. A lovely lady who's world has been turned upside down because of sick individuals who search out the innocence of children. She is the founder of M.A.T.H. (Mother's Against Trafficking Humans) and she advocates for those who are in need of direction and help in their fight of losing a child to Human Trafficking. 
I'm too acquainted with the anguish from parents who have lost their children to this dreadful disease called human trafficking. I've been lucky enough to help two families successfully get their children back from "captors" who thought they could outsmart the police or anyone helping in finding them. These "animals", these scum of the earth, who prey on the innocence, promising them grandeur beyond what is believable, feed off their fears, their desires and that's when they pounce. One lady who has followed me since the mid to late 1990's called me one day saying she thought she'd never have to use me this way, but her cry was a mother's worst nightmare come true. Fortunately, we were able to successfully get her daughter away from those who are the dark in the light of this world and she has her daughter back, "ALIVE" as she put it in a letter written to my office, which is posted for all families who are going through the same on my website. www.robbiethomas.net Another case I assisted in the family wants to remain anonymous because of the circumstances in their case, however, I am allowed to speak of this story so others can see as well not only there is hope out there, but to get involved in your child's friends, affairs and know what goes on daily with them. Paula's daughter was "friends" with this individual who happen to be from America living in the Brampton area in Ontario, Canada and one night, Paula's daughter didn't come home. Once again, my office was called upon to assist in helping to find her daughter. Turns out, this so called "friend" had her captive in the basement of her home with chains. It also turns out from this woman's husband who wanted to get away from this lady who help Paula's daughter captive because he didn't want to go to jail, explained that this woman who went by the name, "Scary Carey" was AWOL from the American Armed Forces. She was up on charges in the United States and was hiding out here in Canada under "AKA's". Thank God, Paula's daughter is home and unharmed. These are two of many stories that are of millions out there from loving families who don't deserve this to happen to them. 
I know this post will get read by some of you who care enough to read it, and yes, there will be some who won't, it's those who won't that I wish would. Evil lurks everywhere, and I mean everywhere from every walk of life, culture, creed, or skin color. It's up to us as parents to be vigilant and increasingly more aware of our child's life and include them in the know as well. Keep preaching that sermon, keep pounding it into them, because this is the only way reality becomes part of their everyday life. 
I had a couple people comment on my postings that I've read throughout the times, where they have said that they wish they could do what I do, or had my job. One in fact, (and I hope she reads this) said, which I thought was the most ridiculous reply ever, but she said, "You have my dream job!" I shake my head at times with people, because they just don't get it, they think like those who are looking for the glamour and glitz of it all and get lost in the unicorn effect. This isn't a game, or fantasy land, this is for real and for keeps people. I've been endorsed by some of the highest offices in Law Enforcement and Organizations around for one reason. 25 years of putting my life on hold to find life for others and give life back to those I could find. There are so many beautiful people out there helping in the fight against crime who have credentials and experience and for those families living this terrible nightmare, they too have put their lives on hold to bring the message of this disease of human trafficking. The best advice I can give from my stand point is to give to your children what the other families wish they can give to theirs who are not with them anymore. Love, Understanding, Strength In Knowing About These perpetrators who steal and harm human beings. Educate your family, keep doing it as much as you can, because those that lurk in the dark, wait patiently, ready to take away what is yours. 

God Bless All Of You Who Read This & Your Families!          
     

No comments:

Post a Comment